Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How do you Open a Banana

I have solid proof against the theory of evolution. We definitely don't originate from monkeys.

I always had a big problem. My baby loves bananas. We buy them all the time and then they get soft and mushy. That's not the problem. The problem is that I bite my nails. When bananas are hard, you kind of stick your finger into the crevice near the top and pull. That rips the peel and opens the banana. When the banana is soft, all your finger does is squish the banana. If I had nails, I would dig a nail in to cut the peel, but my nails are always down to the finger. I was always out of luck. Until....

I recently read an article about monkeys that was quite enlightening. Monkeys don't open bananas from the side with the stem. They open it from the opposite end. I tried it and WOW!!!, it was easy. Hold the tip of the banana with the thumb and index fingers of both hands. Pinch and pull, the banana will open like magic.

Now, tell me. If we used to be monkeys, how did we forget such an important bit of information. Why wouldn't Papa monkey pass down the trick.

See you.

Miss Take

No comments:

Post a Comment